Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Well, here's one I haven't seen before...

I wasn't going to post about Bristow until tomorrow. I started seaming today, and was going to post a beautiful post-seaming photo and be all proud of myself.

Things were going well. I attached the left front shoulder and then seamed the left side. Look how pretty and curvy:

Bristow - closeup of side seam, with waist shaping
The seaming is in the horizontal strip in the middle, and you can see the curves from the waist shaping.


Then I attached the right shoulder and seamed the right side. It was going beautifully. I wove in the end of the yarn I was seaming with, and started to try the vest-like sweater on. But something was... wrong:

oops


*sigh*

I'm always careful to not twist when I join circular knitting in the round. I never thought to fret about this. I'm sure it didn't help that I was watching very shameful but nostalgic TV while seaming. (It's not my fault if TiVo decides I need to relive early adolescence by recording episodes of 90210. I can't help but watch! But to my credit, I don't think I've gotten more than 45 minutes into any episode I've started. The credits are really the best part.)

It's not a disaster. In the first split second I noticed the problem, I was convinced that I'd have to undo the whole side seam. But obviously it's quicker to just redo the shoulder seam.

Now time for ice cream.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Doh! I hate it when that happens!

6/27/2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger KarenK said...

Bristow is turning out really pretty, even with that little extra ... um, twist. Love the color.

6/27/2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

hahaha, OOOOPS!

yeah, i think that the shoulder seam will be a heck of a lot quicker ;)

6/28/2006 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home