Monday, June 05, 2006

weekend progress

  • Vertical Stripes has shoulders:

    VS sweater doing a vest impression

  • Hedera has a heel. (No photo. It's not very exciting, and I spent a long time tinking the first very long and tight gusset round because of a double yarnover, while getting my butt beat at Trivial Pursuit. I don't want to look at the sock right now.)

  • I've made several new colorwork charts for the colorwork bag, and have sent a few to Debbie Stoller, to supplement the pattern description and photos I sent last week. No photos, 'cause when the pattern gets rejected from her book, I'll want to sell it. So there will be photos of the charts in the actual pattern writeup, one day.

  • Since I've been unable to find or think up a pattern that I would like to knit and A. would like to wear, that grey merino/silk yarn will be a sweater for me! A. will get a sweater when I find a pattern that suits both of our tastes. I'm 90% sure I'm going to knit Bristow. I do wish I had red yarn. I don't always like the color chosen for a pattern, but red works really well with Bristow. Plus, I look good in red. But I'll have to make do with grey, as that's what I have, and this is stashbusting. I toyed with the idea (for about 10 seconds) of dyeing, but I don't think that will happen. I don't think I have a container large enough to dye all the yarn at once (and I don't want color variation), I don't have the money to spend on nice dyes, and I have a feeling that the silk in the yarn will take up dye differently than the merino. So grey it will be!

    I'm actually tempted to swatch for it today. I'm tired of working on socks, and just don't feel like working on VS at all. So it may be time to pull out the fat needles (maybe 7s!) and knit a big fat stockinette swatch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Bristow on my must knit someday list; such a flattering pattern. Vertical Stripes is looking great. I love the colors.

6/05/2006 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home