Friday, June 02, 2006

amazingly orange lace

VS is blocking, and socks are socking.

I'm really loving the Hedera pattern with the orange. Knit up, it's even more subdued than in the ball. A nice pumpkin. (Of course, through the magic of photography, the sock looks brighter than the ball in this shot. Oh well.)

Hedera sock on blocking VS sweater


The pumpkin color of the socks, combined with the VS motifs (which I still think look like spooky owls), means that these socks are destined to be worn at this year's Pumpkin Festival.

Despite the thunderstorm we got last night (which was nice, but not as spectacular as it was supposed to be), it's still humid here. In fact, according to the weather page, it's even more humid today than yesterday. I was really hoping VS wouldn't take all weekend to dry, but I fear it might. Alas.

9 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

What is the source for the Hedera pattern? It is lovely.

6/02/2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger aija said...

I love those socks, and in orange! Mine were green, but orange is great (my favorite).

6/02/2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger KnitItBlack said...

those look lovely - i REALLY like that colorway! :)

(i've been lurking here for a while - i'm kepharel on lj - but i hadn't posted a comment yet. so, umm, hi!)

6/02/2006 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore how your Hedera socks are coming along! I'm knitting them too at the moment, but with a pretty heavily variegated yarn, and I think they look so much better in a single colored yarn like yours! Gorgeous!

6/03/2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I know you think the orange was random, but clearly the knitting gods were guiding your mouse when you bought it. Looks great in that pattern.

6/03/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger Tipper said...

Orange is my new favorite color. Those socks are looking great! I love the stitch definition.

6/04/2006 1:37 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

The hedera pattern looks great! But my-oh-my is that ORANGE!

6/04/2006 5:57 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That pattern is looking great! Love the color too!!!

6/04/2006 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you set a fan on your owls...I means sweater? That might help combat the humidity a bit. (And yes, I've thought of them as owls ever since you first mentioned that.)

Lovely socks! They don't LOOK abused at all! ;)

6/05/2006 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home