Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sweaters From Camp knitalong - first update post!

There are people who have patiently waited for today to cast on. There are people who have finished their first sweater, and are starting on their second. And I'm so happy to start the updates, so you can see everything. Here we go:

  • Anne has finished her gorgeous whirligig vest! She's still knitting along with us, and will be working on the Shirt Tailed Hemmed fairisle now.
  • Bobby's received the yarn for the Celtic Knot Raglan. He says it's deliciously subtle, and I can't wait to see what it looks like.
  • Donna W. received her yarn. She knitting the same sweater as me, but in different colors.
  • Jayne is getting used to the small stitches and dark colors of Snow Sky.
  • Jessica finished the swatch for her Faroe Patterned Vest. I know she's been diligently waiting until today to cast on. Better willpower than me. :-)
  • Junieann has made some interesting changes to her Northwest Sunset vest. She added a vent in the back, and went with a colorway that matches her picture of an actual Northwest sunset! She has a lot of information about it on her blog, and it's definitely worth a read.
  • Kilsharion has swatched for her Ark vest.
  • Kim is trying to decide whether to knit the Shirt Tail Hemmed fairisle or the Afghanistan Rug jacket. She has yarn for both! My vote is for the latter, because I don't think anybody else is knitting it, and I selfishly want to see someone do it. But either project would be lovely.
  • Linda knit a swatch for the Northwest Sunset vest, in the original colorway. She also made a pretty button for those of us who are "Olympic knitters" every day. (I may have to steal that one.) Oh, and check out her snow photos. I'm still a bit bitter that we didn't get a blizzard in New Hampshire last weekend.
  • Lola finished her Flyway Vest swatches, and has started knitting, after dealing with a knot.
  • Natasja knit a beautiful swatch for the Celtic Knot Raglan, and also seems to have started Joyce Williams' Traditional Fair Isle Jumper.
  • Shirley finished her Northwest Sunset vest, in a really pretty colorway. It looks great on her! She's already started working on the Traditional pullover, for her next project.
  • Sydney received her yarn for the Shirt Tail Hemmed fairisle. Will she cast on before she finishes her argyle vest? I know it must be so tempting. :-)
  • Tipper's Crichton Cardigan swatch is beautiful. I love the purples.
  • TJ swatched for the Vertical Stripes pullover, and is using different patterns for the stripes. So pretty! And the colors she chose are magnificent, too.
As for me? Well, check out the past couple of blog entries, to see my misadventures in the purl when you can technique, and the beginning of my new hem, in corrugated ribbing.

If you blogged about project updates but don't see them above, then I probably don't have your name and blog address for the knitalong. Send them along, and you'll be included next week. Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger AnneB said...

Thanks! It's so much fun to see what others are doing and even better to go to the blogs as you have so nicely linked them in. Only better thing would be to be sitting in the same room knitting!

Anne - also totally bummed by the lack of accumlated snow last weekend

2/15/2006 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I know its a lot of work inserting all of those links into your post. I got my 2.75mm needles today, so I'll be casting on tonight.

2/15/2006 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do I get involved?

2/21/2006 4:57 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hi Rebekkah, Just wanted to let you know that I have cast-on and have finished the ribbing on Northwest Sunset Vest.

2/21/2006 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home