Friday, February 10, 2006

more 'borg; I'm casting on today, just like the cool kids

1. Ingeborg is done through the third pattern repeat. Now it goes into hibernation.

Ingeborg - 3 pattern repeats


It measures about 15" from the hem fold line. This means I have officially committed to the "just cut" armholes. Whee!

I took this photo with a flash. I've actually been using a flash for a lot of my Ingeborg photos. I've found it really difficult to keep a steady enough hand to get a clear picture, otherwise. I think it works okay for Ingeborg because there's really only so much a flash can distort off-white and black.

2. Ya know, I've been thinking about how my lack of participation in the Knitting Olympics will make my blog so different from most of the knitting blogs out there, for the next couple of weeks. Yet here I am, mere hours before the flame is lit in Torino, posting the same anticipatory new-project picture that every knitting Olympian is putting in their blog today. It's just a coincidence, I swear! I promise you, cross my heart and hope to only ever knit with acrylic again, that this sweater will not be finished in 16 days. Oh, and I'm casting on during lunch, before the flame is lit. 'Cause I can. ;-)

Vertical Strips sweater - ready to start!

And as a bonus, you get my big lumpy shadow! The sweatshirt: a constant reminder for why I don't want to knit sweaters with 10" of ease.

See ya Monday, with an inch or two of sweater!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Ingeborg (how could you put something that beautiful down!) ;-)

I"m not participating in the Knitting Olympics, as I'm just super lousy with KALs, but I love reading about the progress. I wonder if there'll be a medal ceremony at the end...

- MJ

2/10/2006 3:40 PM  
Blogger AnneB said...

No Olympics for me. SFCKAL and now the FLAK (Follow the Leader Aran). Can't you just see an Olympic wreath made out of knitting needles? Your Ingeborg is beautiful and love the colors for SFC.

2/10/2006 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny, most of my regular blog reads are A)Not doing the Knolympics, and B) Are talking about being the exception instead of the rule. I guess I still don't hang out with the trend-followers.

2/10/2006 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home