Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Bristow finito

Pattern: Bristow (size small), by Melanie Gibbons
Yarn: Merino et Soie (worsted weight 80/20 merino/silk), recycled from gorilla arms sweater
Modifications: If I made any major ones, they're slipping my mind. There were a few obvious errors in the pattern, but it's a well designed sweater that fits my body shape very nicely. Mods weren't necessary.

Bristow done
I was a bit nervous about setting it down on the grass, but it escaped with only a little ant and a piece of dry grass clinging to it. The button band is less wonky than it looks here. The grass isn't exactly an even surface, so distortions happened.

Bristow modeled
It fits! And like a dream, too. You know how I was worried about the sleeves being too long? They're perfect. I don't think they grew at all in the wash. I was obviously in an altered state when I measured them and came to that conclusion.

Bristow Closeup


All the project photos can be found at this link.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Very well knit and very flattering. And it's your fault, not the designer's, that I recently bought yarn to knit this.

7/05/2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

congrats! it's a beautiful knit!

7/05/2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Beautiful! And very very flattering, too!

7/05/2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

That is such a flattering sweater! Fits you perfectly.

7/05/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

Oooh so pretty and it fits you so well. That one has been on my list of wannado's too.

7/05/2006 7:14 PM  
Blogger KarenK said...

Beautiful job! Did you make notes of the corrections needed? Knitty.com does a pretty good job of making corrections on their site. Did you let them know? I'm hoping the pattern is corrected because I have my eye on this as a future project for my daughter. It's so pretty on you!

7/05/2006 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks so great on you! And the sizing is perfect!

7/06/2006 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I were a woman. That sweater is so beautiful.

7/06/2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Laughingrat said...

It worked out really well. Seeing it is making me want to try some of the other cabled cardigans I've been eyeing.

7/06/2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

I already commented on this on LJ, but it's so pretty it deserves a second. Actually, I love all your projects. You're an excellent knitter.

7/06/2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the way it turned out (and you sure look good modeling it). I have to say, the first time I saw the sweater in Knitty, I thought "eh," but seeing the progress of yours, and the insane amount of photos you took throughout make me want to knit it myself.

7/06/2006 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fit looks great! I really like the light dusky blue color.

7/06/2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger judy said...

WOW! It looks terrific on you. Perfect fit. I love that pattern.

7/06/2006 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater fits so beautifully since you made it so. Congrats and got to go find the pattern for future.

AnneB

7/07/2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

What a beautiful sweater! It looks even better on you the cables really pop.

7/11/2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

How lovely!

7/12/2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger scarlet said...

Incredible!! What a great fit.

7/12/2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

wow, that sweater is gorgeous and fits you to perfection!

7/13/2006 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home