Wednesday, April 12, 2006

SFCKAL week 9; finished socks (for me!)

  • Jayne is getting friendlier with her chart. I love when that happens. Even though I know I won't memorize a whole complicated colorwork chart, it's nice when your brain kicks in and you start getting that gut feeling for how it all works and fits together.

  • Becki had some problems with her first go at the Crichton sleeve, and ripped it out. But she figured out the problem. Yay! (If it's any consolation, I did the same exact thing on the first sweater I ever knit. The decreases were at the top of the sleeve. bah!)

  • Terri is up to the armhole and V-neck shaping on her Northwest Sunset vest!

  • Lola has made massive progress on her Flyway Vest, and has a question about armhole shaping. (My advice would be to look at other vest patterns in the book, to see if their armholes are done in a similar way. I've only knit one colorwork vest, so my experience is pretty limited.)

  • Kilsharion has started on her Ark vest again. Maybe pictures next week? I'm curious to see how it looks!

  • TJ is making steady progression her Vertical Stripes sweater, and has a photo of how she centered the pattern in the back.

By the way, something was up with Yahoo and/or Gmail (I suspect Yahoo), and I didn't receive mail from the SFCKAL Yahoo group for the longest time. I woke up to a zillion emails. Um, sorry about that. I just thought there wasn't any discussion. I'll try to catch up on those this week.

I have no new colorwork goodness to show you (the Ingeborg sleeve is growing slowly), but I do have socks!
Koigu Go With the Flows, April 12, 2006


pattern: Go With the Flow, by Evelyn A. Clark, in Summer 2005 Interweave Knits
yarn: KPPPM p207b
blah blah blah: I made them shorter than the pattern says, because I was afraid of running out of yarn. I could have made them longer, but they're nice Springy socks, and long enough. I started on size 1 DPNs, but moved to size 0 partway down the cuff on both socks, because my gauge was too loose on the 1s. I knit these before in Kroy, so either I get a looser gauge with Koigu, or I knit looser on DPNs than I used to. I decreased to 16 stitches on the toes, instead of 12. The length was perfect without the extra decrease round, and I found the toes on my first pair to be a bit too pointy for my feet.

The fit? Perfect.
Koigu Go With the Flows (modeled), April 12, 2006
This photo involved great feats of balance and luck. (Can there be feats of luck?)

2 Comments:

Blogger j a r e d said...

the socks look great, and the fit looks just right. thanks for sharing!

4/12/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love the combination of pattern and yarn ... you're going to enjoy wearing those.

6/14/2006 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home