Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ingeborg body

It's unblocked, and the steeks won't be cut for a while, but here's the Ingeborg body:

Ingeborg body, March 23, 2006


For the front neck, I cast off 11 stitches on either side of the steek, plus the steek, casting on for a new steek on the next round. Then I knit 12 rounds with single decreases on either side of the front neck steek. For the back neck, I mostly followed the directions in the book, except that I cast on for a back neck steek so I could knit in the round. The body ended up being exactly four pattern repeats tall, plus the bottom hem and a few rounds of solid colors on the shoulders. I think I'm going to eventually do a 3 needle bindoff, which is why I haven't cast off that last row.

Next up? Probably the Mamlukes for Sockapaloooza. Or maybe an Ingeborg sleeve. Or the second GWTF sock. I feel a bit knitted out right now, so choosing what to do next feels a bit like going to the grocery store after eating a 10 course meal.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just so freakin' impressive. And so out of my league I can't even comment on it meaningfully. Looks great!

3/23/2006 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great. Glad the neck steeking worked out for you. Can't wait to see how the sleeves turn out. :)

3/23/2006 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, Rebekkah, it's gorgeous. I would continue the KAL just to see the whole thing done!

- MJ

3/23/2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger j a r e d said...

wow. it looks beautiful - a very special piece. thanks for sharing!

3/23/2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Becki said...

So beautiful, and I love the contrast of the black and white.

3/23/2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Even your steeks are perfect!

3/23/2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I love the analogy - it's like we gorge ourselves on knitting.

3/23/2006 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Just gorgeous. I'll definitely be coming back to this (and your other Ingeborg posts) for inspiration and information when I finally get around to starting the sweater myself someday.

3/23/2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger AnneB said...

That is some serious sweater! Gorgeous.

3/23/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so love your knitting; I am usually a bad lurker - your work does tend to leave one speechless. Very impressive. Just so gorgeous; can't wait to see the finished piece!

3/24/2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Wow, that is stunning!

3/29/2006 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home