Sunday, March 05, 2006

more than halfway to the armholes

It's been a slow week for knitting, but the Vertical Strips fair isle has made progress. Okay, it's about where I thought I'd be a week ago. But it's still progress, and it's finally starting to feel like a sweater, instead of a thin strip of fabric. Here it is, a little bit into the third pattern repeat, measuring about 7":

Vertical Stripes fair isle - March 5, 2006


There will be a knitalong update this week. I'd do it today, but I'd rather wait and make it a true 2 week update, instead of doing an inbetween update. (Yes, my anal side coming through.) Look for it most likely on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I don't know how much knitting time I'll have this week. My life is kind of unpredictable right now. I might finish the second Lorna's Laces sock, in which case I think I'm going to cast on for the IK Diagonal Rib socks, in my Koigu. (I haven't forgotten about Sockapalooza. But I'm undecided on a pattern, and really shouldn't be spending any money on yarn right now. I might use something already in my stash, but as those socks don't need to be done until May 1, I'm not rushing to make a decision.)

I might also have time this week to re-block the blue lace scarf. C. very kindly lent me a blocking wire set, so I can do things right this time. She also just gave me a skein of gorgeous turquoise yarn that she picked up at the New Hampshire Sheep & Wool festival last year. It's about DK weight, and while I don't think it matches anything in my stash weight-wise for a colorwork project, I think it might make a nice hat. Or pair of mittens. Or hot water bottle cover. Oh, the choices!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fibreaddict said...

Hope things are going better for you!!! The sweater looks fantastic!!

3/05/2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

hey! it's HowSwel. just wanted to check out your knitting site and say hi! i'm working on the blackberry sweater from knitty...it's somehow coming out a size smaller than i intended, but i was making a size too big anyway. i hope it all turns out.

3/05/2006 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home