Thursday, November 10, 2005

angst!

The theme of my life right now is ANGST ANGST ANGST, so no big knitting news today. (I finished one measly repeat on the scarf yesterday, and my right shoulder was in major pain when I went to bed. Stress? Yeah, I think so.)

My next paycheck should be appearing in my bank account today. For some reason I was a week off, and thought it was next week, not this week. Plus, it contains a teeny tiny bit more than I thought it would, due to something I forgot to take into account. So even though I still feel poor, I feel justified in finally buying the rest of the Ingeborg yarn. (That extra unexpected bit is the perfect amount to pay for that yarn.) Now I just have to find a retailer on the face of the planet who has 7 skeins of Brown Sheep Naturespun sport in Pepper (601). This is easier said than done. I'd take a cone instead of those skeins. In fact, I may prefer it. I called Woodland Woolcraft yesterday, all ready to order, and they don't have any. I emailed 2 other retailers from whom I've bought NSS in the past. One of which I swore to not buy from again, because of the runaround they gave me with backorders (as in, not telling me stuff was backordered up front, and then continually promising one more week, when it turned into months). They have 6 skeins, which is probably enough. The other one hasn't gotten back to me yet. I know they only have 1 skein, because they actually let you know on their site. But I'm hoping they're execting some more, soon, because I like supporting them.

Do any of you happen to know of a place that is honest about backorders and carries NSS? There are a lot of hits in Google, but I haven't ordered from or even heard of many of the places, so personal recommendations are welcome. (For the record, the retailer that I don't want to order from is yarnware.com. The one I do want to order from, if they are expecting any to come in, is theyarnexchange.com.)

Also, I have to share the news that the Winter IK preview is finally up! Yay! This has made my morning a lot better. Annie Modesitt's cabled sweater looks really neat, and I can't wait to see the pattern in person. I really like Veronique Avery's little cabled thing, though I don't know if I would wear it. And Kate Gilbert's Jacket looks like it has the potential to be awesome, though I really want to see it from the front. No surprise that the three designs in the preview that really jumped out at me are from those three designers.

I can almost promise a new picture tomorrow. I have knitting group tonight, so I should get a decent amount done there on the lace scarf. And I'm thinking this weekend is going to be all about Ingeborg swatching, so potentially very fun picture on Monday. I hope.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried patternworks.com?

Oh, and I may be in the market for some NSS as well - I'm really tempted by the IWK Nordic Mittens, and I even have that issue now :-)

(did I mention that last week I was at a local yarn store and found that magazine there as well? I could've saved a couple bucks by buying it there instead of mail-ordering. Oh, well).

-K0

11/10/2005 10:05 AM  
Blogger Tipper said...

I'm not sure if they do mail orders, but you could check - http://www.yarnery.com/ has a large selection of Naturespun Sport.

Thanks for pointing out the Winter IK preview!

11/10/2005 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you using the Naturespun for Ingeborg? That's high on my to-knit list (I'm knitting one of the men's sweaters from that book at the moment), but I just haven't been able to find an economical (and by economical, I mean cheap) yarn sub. I'll be interested to see how the Naturespun works out.

11/10/2005 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently got a cone of Naturespun Sport in Pepper from www.alpacafleece.com. No idea whether they have any more of them right now, though. Good luck finding it!

11/10/2005 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home