Friday, November 04, 2005

icord edging, flickr, my "pet"

  • My LYS finally got the Malabrigo in. I happened to be wearing my Malabrigo sweater yesterday, so I was a great walking advertisement. As soon as we heard that it was in, several folks sprinted toward it, for some good yarn fondling. I held back, but got up a bit later to look at the colors, and smell the vinegar, which I find strangely appealing. The colors are fabulous. As much as I've been moaning about how sick I am of purple, there was a purple colorway that made my knees week. Oh dear. (I think I'll resist the temptation - making a new purple hat to go with my red coat would be a bit too Flowers in the Attic for me.)

  • I worked on the icord edging and the hat a bit at the knitting group last night. The icord is looking good, but going very slowly. And the hat... well, at 5.5 stitches and 7 rows per inch, it's not anywhere near done. Here is a photo in which I've tried to show the difference between a finished and unfinished edge on Samus. I took the picture from the wrong side, because that's where it's easiest to see the difference.


  • I've been using Flickr for my photo hosting for a while. It's a lot nicer than trying to deal with Blogger's photo upload issues. Plus, it has a community aspect to it. Yesterday I started a new group there for knitting colorwork. If any of you readers out there are Flickr members, please consider joining and contributing your photos. While I'm at it, Jessimuhka also just started a group for sock knitting. You should join that one, too. I think the main knitting group there was just becoming a bit crowded and repetitive for some of us, and while I'm still a member of it, I like the idea of more focused groups for more advanced topics.

  • Some knitters have cats. Some knitters with cats post lots of cat photos. I don't have a cat. I don't have a dog. I don't have a hamster. I don't have any furry creatures. I do, however, have a spider. It's more of a visitor than a pet, but I figured I should be a good knit blogger and post a photo of my animal. I promise there won't be daily spider pictures, though. ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

-awwww, your spider's so cute! ZOMG does it sleep on your knitting???

-I've only been on Flickr for a few days, I didn't even realize there were "groups." Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have to look into those two!

~schizospider

11/04/2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger Tipper said...

I like your spider. She's so plump!

I had no idea Flickr had a community thing going on. Maybe I should check it out, even though I don't use Flickr.

11/04/2005 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home