Wednesday, November 09, 2005

scarf picture and lots of other stuff

1. I wasn't going to post a picture today, but the lace scarf looked so appealing sitting lumplike on the coffee table that I couldn't resist.



2. I have a new button in the sidebar. It's for the Norwegian Knitalong. Y'all should join, and knit something with snowflakes on it. I guess I'm just a poseur for now, until I cast on for Ingeborg next month.

3. Thanks for all the comments on Samus! They did help me forget about the flaws and really appreciate the parts of it I like.

4. Yesterday the Woodland Woolworks catalog showed up in the mail. I've never received this catalog before. It is the best catalog I've ever received. Every page was full of designs I want to knit, and yarns I want to use. They sell Brown Sheep Naturespun! They sell J&S jumper weight! I'm so sick of seeing catalogs full of ugly designs in yarns I don't want to use. This catalog made my knees weak. This catalog actually made me dizzy. (That's not an exaggeration. I actually felt dizzy with delight when reading it. Either that or dizzy because I got up too fast to get the mail. But either way, totally, completely dizzy.) Too bad their prices are so high. Some of them are on par with what I've seen elsewhere, but other prices are definitely more expensive. I might end up ordering the Naturespun Sport I need for Ingeborg. Even though I know I can get cheaper shipping elsewhere, that elsewhere doesn't have enough of the color I need. Maybe I'll also order a skein of J&S for the vest, and hope I only need extra of one color. Their price for that is super high, but it would be convenient.

5. Back to the scarf, I've been trying to calculate how many pattern repeats I'll be able to get out of the skein, and I think it will be about 20. I'm at 6 right now. It's going to take longer than I thought. I think I'm going to start the Mamluke socks next week, regardless of where I am on the scarf. I love working on it, but I itch for fair isle, and am thoroughly sick of purple.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

I love the color and pattern of the scarf. And I know what you mean about Woodland Woolworks. Most catalogs get pitched pretty quick around here. But that one I hang onto and peruse periodically for inspiration.

11/09/2005 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home