Friday, July 07, 2006

Amazing Lace Challenge 4 (includes actual knitting update!)

the challenge: If you bound off your lace RIGHT NOW - what could it be used for?

I happen to have just finished the first Hedera sock. What non-sock use could I find for it?

sock cherry pie


cherry tree + lone sock = woolly cherry holder!

And it's a good thing I triple checked the sock after I thought I got all the cherries out of it. There was one hiding down in the toe. That would have been quite the surprise, come wool sock weather in a couple of months...

I am happy. The sock is happy. The cherries have had their insides ripped out and are simmering on the stove. We will eat them tonight, in pie form. Yum!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carola said...

Yummy, this looks like summer!

7/14/2006 6:07 PM  
Blogger RandomRanter said...

What a great idea. I try to avoid wearing socks wherever possible, but if I could come up with good alternate uses for them, then maybe I could start sock knitting...

7/18/2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

This is great - loving the cherries!

7/18/2006 10:28 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

i love that cherry shot, you should submit it to the knitty calender contest

7/26/2006 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home