Friday, June 30, 2006

Amazing Lace poetry challenge

Holes
for breathing
for picking
for tasting and eating

for hearing
for sweating
and yes, for excreting

for planting
for building
for nothing but pleasure

for birthing
for feeding
for burying treasure

of soil and flesh
in logic and plots

now the ones in my wool
envelop my thoughts

Lace Scarf - Nov. 10, 2005





Please note that the photo is not of an Amazing Lace project. But it's the nicest lace photo I've taken, and in the same type of yarn as my second Amazing Lace project. I just wanted a pretty photo to follow the poem.

Not my best or more serious work ever, but as it contains neither the word "Nantucket" nor the phrase "roses are red", I consider it a mild success. And now that I've managed to self consciously qualify both the literary and fiber aspects of this post, I guess it's time to put my brave hat on and click the publish button.

5 Comments:

Blogger YarnThrower said...

Great poem!

6/30/2006 10:25 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That's a wonderful poem.

7/01/2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger earthchick said...

Well done!

7/01/2006 10:51 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Glad you decided to share one!

7/03/2006 12:41 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Nice poem Rebekkah and a very nice and amazing lace photo.

7/04/2006 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home