Friday, November 18, 2005

just a couple of links

I hardly did any knitting yesterday. I brought the lace scarf to the knitting group, as it's not a good place to do something really intensive, like carefully picking up stitches for the second vest armhole. And even that little bit of knitting wasn't extremely successful. 2 hours, 15 rows, 2 of which are screwed up. Go me!

So today you get little tidbits that I've had set to "keep new" in Bloglines for a few days:
  • Tipper looking very cute in her gorgeous brioche stitch hat. I really need to learn how to do brioche stitch. (I can never learn to have cute flippy blonde hair, so that's the best I can do.)
  • Felicia started Brigid! It looks gorgeous, and I love the color, even though I claim to be sick of purple. She's making it smaller by cutting out the moss stitch on the sides, which is a different method than I was planning to use to decrease the size of it. If I like how hers turns out, I may have to steal her idea.
So, uh, that's it. My goal for the weekend is to finish the second vest armhole and at least pick up the stitches for the button band.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tipper said...

Brioche stitch is quite fun, and not difficult, really. It's just a matter of trusting the pattern. In the round, it gets interesting, as you have to remember that you are NOT smarter than it. You will NOT remember where the first stitch is, even if you're using to colors, where you use a different color each row. (I tried not using a stitch marker the couple of times I tried, and that wasn't the wisest move.)

11/18/2005 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home