Sunday, March 06, 2011

... taps the microphone

Hello? Anyone there? Sorry for all the sneezing, but I'm clearing the dust off this thing, and it's really thick by now.

Apologies, schmapologies. I am here, I am blogging, and here is some stuff I knit. (Embarrassingly long ago.)


It's a sweater from complete scratch! You've seen the blog posts about my cormo fleece, and the scouring, dying, combing, and spinning. (And if you haven't, just look back through a few posts. The advantage of infrequent posting is that what you want to find can't be too far away!) It's the B-Side Cardigan, designed by Laura Chau. I don't think I really changed anything. It's a great sweater, and was very nice to knit in my handspun.


Handspun B-Side Cardigan

Handspun B-Side Cardigan

Handspun B-Side Cardigan



That's not the only handspun sweater I knit. And hey, it's the Laura Chau post, because this sweater was also designed by her! It's the lovely Carter Cardigan, out of oatmeal merino. I didn't scour or process it myself, but it is from a beautifully processed fleece, spun from pin drafted roving.


Handspun Carter Cardigan

Handspun Carter Cardigan

Handspun Carter Cardigan


Thinking about it, I don't think I changed much about this one, either. I probably should have made the sleeves a little shorter, because they ended up a little long even with the cuffs folded up. But I don't mind, because it's very comfortable and cozy.

What else has happened since August? Oh yeah, we had Halloween! Alex and I were Yip Yip Monsters. It was a joint craft project, though most of the kudos should go to Alex. He had the creative inspiration and did most of the sewing.


Yiiiiiiiiip Yip Yip Yip Yip Yip!



Another crafting highlight were my Squirrel Sampler Mittens, designed by Adrian Bizilia. I used Harrisville Shetland for the outer, and Knit Picks Shadow (tonals) for the surprise purple lining. I love the combo.


SQUIRL!

SQUIRL!



There's a lot more, but I'll save that for another post. And I'll try to write that one before the snow melts, okay?


snowy back porch

12 Comments:

Anonymous Paula said...

Wowzers all around! Your sweaters and mitts are just beautiful. Kudos to Alex on the Yip Yips! I would love to know how they were made.

3/06/2011 5:53 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

These are beautiful projects - this was worth the wait!

3/06/2011 6:06 PM  
Blogger Panhandle Jane said...

Yip Yips are my favorite Sesame Street character.

I love the sweaters and mittens, particularly that blue sweater that is just my color. Your knitting is very impressive, and your spinning as well.

3/06/2011 7:37 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

What wonderful projects. From hand spun? Wow! That is awesome!

3/07/2011 11:31 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Lovely to see your gorgeous knits again, love the blue sweater particulary.

3/07/2011 12:49 PM  
Anonymous The Italian Dish said...

I love Adrian Bizilia mittens! And your sweater is beautiful.

3/24/2011 7:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful sweaters! I've been looking for the perfect cardigan pattern, and may have found it in the Carter Cardigan- thanks!

4/01/2011 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Knitting Needle Sizes said...

The author has written an excellent article and have made points and there is not much to argue about. I just wish you the best of luck for your posts.

9/06/2012 4:56 AM  
Anonymous sohbet said...

chat

Haber

chat siteleri

chat

chat odaları

chat

9/18/2014 10:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

En güzel Chat Odaları | Sohbet Odaları sitemize sizide bekleriz. Eğer Türk Chat yapmak istiyorsanız islami sohbet sitemize gelin. türk sohbet yada ihanet et tercih senin. En güzel islami chat sitesi sizlerle. Bütün Sitelerimiz Şunlardır; istanbul sohbet izmir sohbet adana sohbet ankara sohbet antalya sohbet hollanda sohbet almanya sohbet belçika sohbet afyon sohbet aydın sohbet artvin sohbet amasya sohbet ağrı sohbet bilecik sohbet balıkesir sohbet
Tabiki hepsi bu kadar değil diğer sitelerimizde şunlar;
mardin sohbet malatya sohbet konya sohbet
trabzon sohbet
konya sohbet
kayseri sohbet
seviyeli sohbet
bedava sohbet
sohbet

10/26/2015 5:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sohbet
Chat
Sohbet odalari
Chat odalari
Cinsel Sohbet
Gabile Sohbet
Pasif Sohbet
Sohbet sitesi
Chat sitesi
istanbul Sohbet
ankara Sohbet
izmir Sohbet
bursa Sohbet
mobil Sohbet

4/14/2016 2:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cinsel sohbet
gabile sohbet
pasif sohbet
mobil sohbet
sohbet
sohbet odalari
chat odalari
chat
ankara sohbet
istanbul sohbet
izmir sohbet
bursa sohbet
mobil chat

4/14/2016 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home