Saturday, July 03, 2010

Mawwiage

I got married! I wore this:


Clothilde Wedding Shawl

Clothilde Wedding Shawl

Clothilde, by Kristen Hanley Cardozo, knit in hand dyed (by me) Fiesta Yarns Baby Boom, originally a light gray.


It was beautiful and perfect. (The wedding, not just the shawl!)


Before all of that, I knit another shawl:


Handspun Prairie Rose Shawl

Handspun Prairie Rose Shawl

Prairie Rose Lace Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark, knit out of handspun merino/tencel yarn.



My current big project is a whole bunch of spinning:

Tour de Fleece spinning project.

Tour de Fleece spinning project.


I'm spinning 20 2 oz. skeins of 2 ply, from 2 almost solid wool blend samplers from Spunky Eclectic. I've been wanting to knit a colorful log cabin blanket for a while, and this seemed like a good way to do it. I'll spin up all the yarn, and then decide which colors I want to use, and where. You know me. You can be sure that there will be math and graph paper involved. It will be fun!

I have other exciting things going on, too, but I'll wait until they're in a better shape for photos before I share. For example, I have one awesome handspun sweater that is about 2" of collar, a good blocking, and 7 or 8 buttons away from being done. I could finish it this afternoon, but it's 80 degrees out, and my spinning wheel is calling to me.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Jessimuhka said...

Congrats again!

7/03/2010 4:47 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Congratulations! I only know you from Ravelry (Hello Yarn's corner) -- but YAY for your marriage, and your lovely shawl, and your planned spinning. (Biggest yay for the biggest project -- marriage is a lot to bite off!)

Cheers! -- Rose/yarnivore

7/03/2010 5:50 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Wishing you a joyful life together!!
I've really got the spinning bug myself lately. I don't think I'd be able to keep my hands off that pile of 2oz samples either.

7/03/2010 8:36 PM  
Blogger trainlady said...

Congratulations! May your life together be filled with laughter.

7/03/2010 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebekkah, congratulations on the marriage! And your shawls are gorgeous too.

7/03/2010 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hooray! Congratulations to both of you!

7/03/2010 10:52 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congratulations, Rebekkah! Beautiful knitting, as always. I can only imagine how nice your multi color log cabin will turn out.

7/04/2010 12:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

SO PRETTY!

7/04/2010 4:51 AM  
Blogger Crazy Knitting Fool said...

Congratulations!!! And the shawls are lovely.

7/04/2010 5:07 PM  
Blogger NJStacie said...

Congratulations! Lovely knitting, and I can't wait to see that sampler spinning!

7/04/2010 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Jolene (JoboDesigns on Ravelry) said...

Congratulations!

Lovely yarn too... as always ;)

7/05/2010 10:58 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Congrats on the wedding! I'm 4 months away from my own and its so exciting. Here's where we say "Pics or it didn't happen."

7/05/2010 1:29 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Congratulations - here's to new adventures!

7/06/2010 6:35 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Congrats on getting married and the beautiful shawls!

7/07/2010 11:26 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Congratulations again from me! (Saw you on flickr!) I love your shawls and the blanket idea.

7/10/2010 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Such beautiful shawls!

7/11/2010 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Robin said...

LOVE the shawls!!!! Beautiful! Best wishes on many years of wedded bliss! Knitting on your honeymoon --- that's a good sign!

7/19/2010 4:37 PM  
Blogger Spinster Beth said...

Those shawls are beautiful! And congratulations.

7/29/2010 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Best Wishes

5/23/2011 12:35 PM  
Blogger fluffybunnylover said...

I'm a bit late here, but congratulations!!!

8/13/2011 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home