Friday, September 01, 2006

Sweaters From Camp KAL update! (also, eyeballs)


Next update when there's enough info. to really make it an interesting post. (Hint hint hint - there's a chill in the air, so pick up those sweaters! I'll be picking up mine again when I'm done with Hiawatha.)

On a completely different note, I've started to listening to the dozens of Craftsanity podcasts I've downloaded. The first one, which I'm listening to right now, is an interview with the amazing Lady Linoleum. She puts scary crocheted eyeballs on stuff. No, really, it's pretty awesome. Click here to look at her amazing work.

I know how to crochet. I learned how to around when I learned how to knit. I've crocheted an entire (ugly, red-heart, granny square) afghan. But crocheting just doesn't do it for me, most of the time. I almost universally prefer the process and the outcome of knitting. But crocheted corn? With a bloodshot eyeball? That may convince me to pick up a hook for something other than picking up dropped stitches or provisional cast-ons. Oh how glorious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home