Sunday, August 20, 2006

take two (or three?)

One photo, two silly contest entries:

donkeysocks revisited


For the Amazing Lace Unlikely Model challenge, I present lace socks on a donkey. I was going to try to go really creative, since the moment you ask someone to think of or take a photo of the unexpected, everything becomes expected. I had this grand plan to use a fan to billow out my lace, and take a photo of my lace being modeled by nothing, which would truly be unlikely and unexpected. Alas, my idea was bigger than my technological capabilities, and it didn't work out. And really, there's only so far I'll go in terms of actually putting my lace in danger for a challenge. Hiawatha is a gift, after all. (Believe me - lace and giant box fans don't mix. Ask the severed end of the working yarn, which got caught up in the fan. No more lace stunts for me!)

This photo also fulfills the requirements for the Snakes on a Plane-inspired challenge posed at Knitters Anonymous. Socks! On a Donkey! Socks on a Donkey! That's at least as dangerous as Snakes on a Plane. Just ask any donkey.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! That photo is just too cute! I love your donkey! Two conteste in one, impressive!

8/20/2006 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teehee. I love it! Nice socks. Your pictures are always great.

8/21/2006 2:20 AM  
Blogger test said...

cool socks and cool entry too!

8/21/2006 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home