Monday, July 17, 2006

Half a sleeve (if you squint your eyes, sneeze, and think in the abstract)

It's hot out.

The only logical thing to do when it's hot out is to spend the entire day knitting a wool sweater. (Yes, it is too logical! I camped out yesterday in the air conditioned room with my wool and an ipod full of podcasts. The perfect too-hot-to-do-anything-else day activity.)

Look at how much sleeve I knit:

VS sleeve 1


A little over one pattern repeat. About 3". All day. Three inches. Well, I guess that's special. (If anybody dares ask why I don't post more often when working on fair isle sweaters, I'll just point them here.)

The good news is that, according to some quick and dirty math I did last night, I'm about halfway done with the knitting on the sleeve, not counting the cuff. The sleeve isn't yet halfway down to the beginning of the cuff, though, because it keeps getting smaller in circumference. In other words, I think I've knit about half the sleeve (sans cuff), if you count in stitches, not inches. I just might have enough yarn to knit both sleeves, not counting cuffs. Maybe. That's my goal right now, because if I'm going to have a different dye lot for a part of the sweater, it makes sense to restrict it to the cuffs and collar.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

It's always good when it gets faster, not slower, as you go.

7/18/2006 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful sweater!

Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

7/19/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

WOW!!!

7/31/2006 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home