Friday, December 08, 2006

anti-bore-otics

I've been feeling under the weather for a bit, so knitting has been slow. It's frustrating because I really enjoy working on the mittens, but just don't have the mental stamina necessary to work on them for more than an hour or so at a time.

Komi mittens - December 8, 2006


I do have to admit that one of the things keeping me from the mittens today has been working on a hat pattern for a friend. As you can see, I'm deliciously close to closing up that second mitten. But why work on that when I can sit in front of a computer and make charts in Excel? In fact, I'm so eager to start on the hat that I'll be tempted to swatch for it this evening instead of working on the mitten. She needs the hat more than I need my mittens. Plus, they'll probably be on nice, fat size 2 needles. Instant gratification knitting! (Yes, that is partially tongue in cheek.)

So that's my brief story for the week. I'm not sure if I'm going to blog about the hat before it reaches its destination, in case the recipient peeks her head in and doesn't want to have the surprise spoiled. (She knows she's getting the hat. She just doesn't know what species of hat it will be.) It's funny how I've ended up knitting so much for others this winter, even though not one iota of it is a holiday gift. But the mittens are all mine, and I'll be back when they're done.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, that is some mighty fine stranding going on.
I have the same problem of getting excited for a new project and wanting to swatch "just to see" before finishing the current thing.

12/08/2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Saw your comments on Nanette's blog about 28 pairs of socks meaning 4 wks between washings. . . . I tried that. But then when you try to color coordinate with your clothing, well, let's just say there were an awful lot of days when I chose my clothes based on my socks! (When I still wore civilian clothes every day, that was!)

12/08/2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger nat said...

Those mittens are really pretty. :)

12/09/2006 12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your mittens. Very classy.
I have to admit I am stalled on my vest. However, I intend to finish as after the Holidays.

In the meantime, since I have my computer running again, I thought I would stop by and see what you were up to... And you are moving? Hope that is going well.

12/16/2006 1:13 AM  
Blogger Dana Marie said...

Wow- those mittens look amazing! and on such tiny needles too. You must be psyched to wear them soon.

12/21/2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you knitting them from the inside? Spiffy!

12/27/2006 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home