Thursday, April 27, 2006

buh-bye socks

I just got back from the post office, where I saw the Mamluke socks off. They're heading out of the country, so I got my sock pal's address a bit early. I actually got it a few days ago, but as they're only going to Canada, I didn't think they'd need a full week's head start on their journey.

Since I'm not usually that great with adding frilly things or fun illustrations to packages, I had to do with my silly sense of humor for package decoration. The packaging was just wrong, and I had to make some corrections and additions:

Sockapalooza envelope 1

Sockapalooza envelope 2


Think 3M would hire me as a package designer?

(I figure that the job of postal workers has got to be pretty boring, now that people mostly email instead of sending real letters. Got to do something to give them a chuckle during their day, right?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I like your alterations. My grandfather worked in a USPS mailroom and he told me the workers there love to see unusual envelopes. If it's really good they'll pass it around.

4/28/2006 3:23 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Cute!

4/28/2006 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Now I feel like I must really "do up" your package... time to get crackin'!

So... your sockpal wants to know what flavor of goodies you want to accompany your socks, because if she can swing it there WILL be extra goodies inside. So, coffee, tea, or chocolate? Or all three? If so, what kinds? I'll look for a reply on this thread or on your main page (you may as well tell everyone).

-- xoxo sockpalita

ps I won't be able to post your sox until Tuesday anyway, because the PO's hours are encompassed by my own working hours.

4/30/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Rebekkah said...

Ooh! Treats!

Well, if you feel you *must* include something extra in there, I'll never turn down chocolate. (Mmm... dark chocolate, chocolate with nuts, whatever strikes your fancy!)

I can't wait to see my socks. I've been trying to play the guessing game with the weekly Sockapaloooza updates, but there are just so many people this time that it's overwhelming. I'm so curious about which are mine, or if I've even seen them yet on some other blog. :-)

4/30/2006 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dark chocolate... noted!

4/30/2006 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home