Tuesday, September 20, 2005

transaction complete

Yay! Yay yay yay!

My sock pal got the socks! Even better, she likes the color, and they fit. *phew*

It's so weird to see a picture of them posted by someone else. I finished them so long ago that I've been used to seeing them in my house, not on someone else's feet. But it's a good kind of weird.

I sent them out late Saturday morning, and judging by the timestamp of her post, they arrived yesterday. That's next business day, and I didn't spring for Exress mail or anything. Whoa! And I was impressed when the socks sent to me only took 2 business days to arrive. I guess my post office karma is turning around.

Hopefully she'll get my email today. I was a dork and forgot to include a note with the socks. d'oh.

On a completely different topic ('cause if I'm going to post more than once a day, I better make them somewhat meaty posts), I'm worried about the fair isle vest. I re-wound and weighed the remaining yarn yesterday, and am very nervous about running out of one of the colors. I'm not sure what I'll do if I run out of that one color. I have a feeling it will last through the armhole edging, but I'm doubtful about it making it through the button band. I suppose I could leave it out of the button band, and sub it with a different color. Or I could figure out if someone out there has some extra they'd be willing to give to me, sell to me, or trade for something else.

Of course, I'm secretly happy about this. I should finish the vest after Rogue, but I want to work on the mittens next. If I were unable to finish the vest, but got a good start on the finishing (armholes), I'd feel good about putting it aside for a bit while waiting for more yarn, and working on the mittens.

And let's not even get started on the topic of buttons. I haven't seen appropriate buttons at my LYS or the bead store in town. It's possible that I missed some, and as the bead store owner is a regular at the knitting group at the LYS, I may be able to kill two birds with one stone if I ask about button resources this week at the meeting. I strongly doubt that any of them will have J&S to give/sell me, but since KBTH looks like it's not dead after all, I may be able to find someone with appropriately colored scraps there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home