Wednesday, September 21, 2005

one sleeve to go

Sleeve 1 is done! That sleeve cap went by really quickly. It was such a pleasure to get near the end and realize that I had 4 straight rows in which I got to bind off 5 stitches. Gotta love it when the end of plain stockinette comes more quickly than you thought it would.




It's not actually blocking, but as it's very curly, I wanted to see what it looked like uncurled. That necessitated pins, and I figured I'd snap a shot while I had it splayed out like that.

I think I'll try to do the hem of the second sleeve tonight.

I decided yesterday that I had enough money to spend on new knitting stuff. Not a lot, but I finally ordered Dale 126, so I can eventually knit Ingeborg. Order placed late yesterday afternoon and shipped this morning. Nice turnaround!

I didn't feel rich enough to order the rest of the yarn I need, so that will wait a while. I plan on using Brown Sheep Naturespun sport, and already have all the red and cream I need. I just need to order the black. I didn't find a shop that had both in stock, so I figured I might as well go and order one bit of the package separately. That way I can at least swatch with the yarn I have, which will also include the leftovers from the fair isle mittens.

I have such a fair isle craving right now. Also, a craving to knit lace that's bigger and a bit more complicated than the socks I'm working on. Might I start on the mittens before Samus? Hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home