Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby Baby Baby!

Well, only one baby. A very good friend of mine, as I type this, is in a hospital in NYC, bouncing on a yoga ball, and trying to convince her daughter to join us here on the outside. C'mon kiddo! You can do it!

Of course, I have knit.


Baby Yours


Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Baby Yours sweater, in Socks That Rock mediumweight.

Baby Yours


I've settled on the yellow buttons.



February Baby Sweater


Elizabeth Zimmermann's February Baby Sweater, also in Socks That Rock mediumweight.

February Baby Sweater


This button's twin will live on a project for me. (More about that in a future post.)



Really, there's not much more to say about the sweaters. Straightforward and beautiful, and I really do need to get them in the mail.

Watch out, world. All babies are special, but this one will be extraordinary. I promise.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Too cute! Those are 2 just darling sweaters. I'm tempted to knit another FBS right away.

1/15/2009 8:12 PM  
Blogger YawnOver said...

Just adorable - love that fbs :)

1/15/2009 9:13 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Lovely baby knits - I hadn't seen the first one before and it's gorgeous! I love the excitement of a baby of someone that you love ("you" in the general sense! I completely felt this way about my niece and more recently one of my best friend's baby daughter) - you know the parent(s) and all their awesome qualities - the child is bound to be incredible!!

1/16/2009 7:48 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I feel the urge to knit baby things now! They are cute.

1/17/2009 11:22 AM  
Blogger knithound brooklyn said...

Those are really sweet sweaters! And I love the little oak leaf button!

1/17/2009 10:24 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Beautiful Jackets.

1/19/2009 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such great baby sweaters! Love the texture of both AND the colors!

1/25/2009 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if I were that baby I would just pop right out to see what my mom was doing bouncing around on a yoga ball! How nice to be welcomed into the world with such lovely woolens...lucky baby, indeed. And, I'm sure it will be extraordinary!

1/25/2009 5:21 PM  
Blogger Gale Bulkley said...

Gorgeous little jackets. Knitting for babies is a real treat.

1/26/2009 12:15 PM  
Blogger PlumStitches said...

gorgeous!

1/28/2009 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are just adorable! I have a little niece due in April and these two sweaters are on my to-knit list.

Thanks for the inspiration to get going on them!

1/30/2009 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exquisite job and beautiful write up...

2/09/2009 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home