Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's more fun when I don't look up the correct spelling. (Sockapaloooza!)

I got wonderful things in the mail yesterday. (No, I don't mean the student loan bill.) My socks are here!

Kate in North Carolina knit me Koigu Pomamatomitimitotious (err, you know what I mean) socks! I love the greens and browns, and the socks feel so wonderful. They felt especially nice when I first put them on yesterday. It was warm outside, but chilly in the house, and the warm, soft Koigu felt absolutely amazing on my iceblock feet.

Sockapalooza_May8


Kate also sent me dark chocolate with cherries and almonds in it, which makes me very happy.

So, two Sockapaloozas, and two pairs of Koigu socks. Good deal. As a bonus, I really love the Potatumumus, but know from looking at the pattern and reading around that they can be a pain at times to actually knit. Now that I have my own pair, I can put off knitting another pair for myself until I feel in the mood to knit socks that require more attention than I'm usually willing to devote to socks. (Remember my list from a month or two ago about ideal sock patterns: easily divides onto 4 needles, short but non-boring pattern repeats, easily memorized, easy to spot mistakes immediately, etc.? Pomatomtoms won't fly while I'm still feeling that picky.)

Thanks, Kate! You've been a super sock pal, and I absolutely love my Mopopatomapusses!

On a completely unrelated administrative note, I'm probably going to be doing some futzing around with photos on the blog. Things shouldn't look any different, but I'll just be shuffling around where some photos are hosted to preserve space for my better knitting photos in the main Flickr account. The only reason I'm mentioning this is that this may make some old posts appear as new posts in Bloglines. If that sort of thing bothers you, there is an option under "edit setting" for each blog you subscribe to, telling Bloglines to ignore edits to posts. I don't tend to edit to add content, so that setting won't be a problem with this blog.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors are fantastic! They aren't so busy as to conflict with the pattern, but they are interesting enough to add depth. Lucky you -- what great socks.

5/09/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger Kit said...

I have your buddy on my bloglines and saw those socks grow. Fun! And the Pomatomus isn't so very hard, really! The pattern has a nice rhythm and it's not at all hard to get into.

Anyways, awesome socks! They look really good.

5/09/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger EvaLux said...

Gorgeous pomytomy socks :) But you've got me really scared... on my screen they look blue & purple... not green and brown :) I guess something's wrong with my lapytop :)

Cheers Eva

5/09/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

They look blue and purple on mine too! But regardless, they're gorgeous.

5/09/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger scarlet said...

Yayayayayayyayayaayyayayayayayayayayyy!
You got them! You're wearing them! And you haven't written anything like, "This sockpal thing is a ripoff!" What a relief!

I also got fruit-and-nut-studded chocolate from my sockpal, how funny is that? I hope you enjoy the socks for many many years to come.

5/09/2006 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home