Friday, December 16, 2005

Pocket Creatures; knitalong musings; I hate twisted stitches

1.
FInished pocket creatures - Dec. 16
(I didn't intend for the green guy to look like he's saluting. I just threw them on the recliner, and that's how they landed. I like it.)


Pocket Creatures, designed by Kate Kuckro, with modifications by me. The green guy is made from Naturespun Worsted (green) and Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool (purple). The blue guy is made from Patons Classic Merino (blue) and Clasgens worsted (red). Pattern modification notes for the blue guy are here. Pattern modification notes for the green guy are here.

2.
Thanks to the folks who replied about the Sweaters From Camp knitalong. It's nice to know that there are some interested people out there. Do any of you have thoughts on format? I like the method used for the Norwegian knitalong and for Sockapalooza, where the knitalong host posts once a week with updates and links to blog posts. It's such a treat to have all those links in one place, and is a great way to encourage blogging on the projects. On the other hand, something like Yahoo groups is nice for people who may have a lot of questions. I'm not a fan of Blogger hosted knitalongs. I prefer to see things on individual blogs, and Blogger comments are not a great forum for discussions. I'm thinking a combination of a yahoo group and weekly updates/links here is what I'll do, but at this point deciding on anything would be putting the cart on a different continent than the horse. Opinions welcome!

3.
I started on the neck edging for Veste Everest. It's not fun at all. 1x1 ribbing, with all stitches twisted. With thick yarn on needles that are way too small for it. Yay? I'm more likely to finish the second Retro Rib sock this weekend.

4.
To the person who found my blog through this search, my sincere apologies. ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

I've never done any knitalong before, but I like what you suggested. I'm still searching for a copy of the book, but I'll be raring to go in January, I hope!

Best of luck with your neck edging. It sounds like a real pain.

12/16/2005 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you like the Elann Peruvian Highland wool? I am contemplating getting some for an Aran sweater. Does it knit up nice? Is it soft (ish)?

Cute creatures. I will have to try my hand at some. Wonder if they'd make good catnip toys.

Susan

12/17/2005 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home