Wednesday, November 30, 2005

everest

I took out the scale yesterday, and I don't think I'd have enough of the Clasgens for Sesame. I might have just enough, but it would be cutting it really close, and I'm fairly certain I'd be left without enough.

So I swatched for Veste Everest.

Veste Everest swatch


I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do with the green yarn. Even though it won't be the most exciting knit, I think I'll be more easily amused with cables every 6 and 8 rows than with color changes (in Sesame) every 20 rows. Plus, I think the yarn works really well with the pattern.

I was just thinking about the original green sweater this morning. I think the last time I wore it was December 30, 2000. We'd just had tons and tons of snow, and I wore it as one of my numerous layers as I trekked across New Haven on foot, from my place on Science Hill, to the train station. (Those of you who've lived in New Haven know how far that is. especially after a blizzard.) It was a really cool walk, with hardly any cars anywhere. Hardly any people, too, as school was on break, and all the undergrads were out of town. I took the Metro North to NYC, where I met a few friends. We went to a restaurant (Chinese, if I remember correctly), then went dancing at Windows on the World, at the top of the World Trade Center. That was the last time I was in the World Trade Center. An important memory for me, as I grew up in NYC, and went to high school just a couple of blocks away from there. I guess it's only appropriate that that sweater that I associate with a very high place will be re-knit into a sweater named after another very high place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home