Thursday, October 06, 2005

more mitten pics and some housekeeping

I finished the hand of the mitten yesterday. I still have to do the thumb, though. Here are a couple of pictures:





Boy, was the top fiddly. Working with so few stitches on the needles, in fair isle, while doing decreases. I like how it looks, though. After I go inside again to tighten up stuff and weave in ends, it should all look nicer.

I measured gauge again last night, and now the ruler says I'm spot on (9 spi and spr). I'm obviously going a bit batty, eh? The thing is, it's really hard to measure at the same time as I'm stretching the mittens a bit, to see what things will be like post-blocking. So I don't trust the stitch gauge.

On a housekeeping note, I edited my blogger template so the post area is wider, allowing me to post wider photos without having them creep over the edge and interfering with the sidebar. Not such an issue for vertical photos, like today, but it's nice for when I have horizontal photos. I know little about CSS, so I haven't yet been able to fix the appearance of the title bar or the curvy thingies at the ends of the area boxes, but I'm not super concerned with that. However, if any of you are CSS geeks, any advice would be welcome.

Also, if any of you care, I've converted to Flickr for my photo hosting needs. Uploading directly through Blogger was just too much of a pain, and Flickr is really, really neat. At some point I'm going to move my finished project gallery from Photobucket to Flickr. It might have to move a little at a time, though, if I keep uploading new pics at this rate, since Flickr has a monthly upload limit. (A very generous one for my needs, but I'm on a photo kick this month!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mittens look like the once i lost when I was still in the 3rd grade. I was taking some walk when my feet fell in a hole. The water was so cold and I took my hand to pull me up. Unfortunately, the wet mittnes slid and went into the water. The mittens were gone, but they saved my life.

11/27/2005 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home