Friday, November 25, 2005

Ingeborg advice; tidbits

The fair isle vest is blocked, and just waiting for some buttons, which I bought this morning.

I cast on for the second Retro Rib sock, and it's already a couple of inches long, thanks to some middle of the night knitting while watching live world-class gymnastics online. Life doesn't get much better than that. ;-)

I also bought some gift yarn, along with a pattern and needles this morning. One of the skeins is Malabrigo. Insert Homer Simpson drooly sound here. And while I was at the yarn store, I also picked up the Fibertrends clog pattern. I like the way that one looks better than the free pattern on Knitty. I have gobs of worsted weight wool that I should use for something, and felted clogs seem like a good choice for some of it.

But really, the point of this post is to create a list of links to act as a reference for me as I begin to work on Ingeborg. Wendy Johnson documented some of her alterations to Ingeborg beautifully, and they're mostly things that I was thinking of doing, too. So here's a list of links for me to refer to for technical information and ideas:
I don't know if I'm going to do things exactly as Wendy did, but the quality of her knitting is inspirational, and her advice and pictorial documentation is a great resource.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home