Sunday, September 11, 2005

BPT, comment stuff, and a plug

I was making a list of the stuff I wanted to blog about tomorrow, and realized that it was a fairly long list. Instead of a very long, boring post tomorrow, I decided to break it up into two posts. Actual current knitting pictures should appear in tomorrow's post. (Tomorrow is probably going to be a busy day for me, so this is speculation. Hopefully I'll have some time early morning and/or during lunch to do the blogging. Otherwise, it may have to wait until Tuesday.)

First, I wanted to say how immensely happy my BPT made me this weekend. It's really getting chilly around these parts. It's nice and warm (in the 70s) during the day, but I heard that it actually got into the 30s last night. Chilly! That time of year when you start to pull out the warm, cozy clothing. This morning I curled up on the recliner (after managing to tip it completely backwards after I first leaped into it a bit fast) with a great book, wearing hand knit socks and my BPT with my pajamas. It was true delight. BPT was the second sweater I made. I used worsted weight merino from handpaintedyarn.com. I'm sad to say that the yarn itself pills like crazy, but it's still super soft, and the colorway (burgundy dash) is still one of the more gorgeous I've ever seen. Beautiful autumnal colors. Here's a picture, taken right after I finished it, last year:




It fits great, and is still soft as sin. Yum.


Next on the blogging agenda is a plug. Sweetgeorgia knits and spins beautiful things. She's just started selling some of her hand spun and dyed yarn. I think what she put up for sale is all gone, but I bet she will eventually spin some more, for our purchase pleasure. So, you know, bookmark her store, and buy some yarn. (We're talking about the real thing. Like, not amateur handspun with koolaid dyes. Really nice looking stuff, in gorgeous non-koolaid colorways.)

And lastly, I want to thank the folks who have left comments for me - both the folks just stopping by to say hi, and the people who have helped me answer questions. I'll echo Jessimuhka's recent post about it being difficult to figure out how to respond to comment in this format. I appreciate them all, though! (I even set up a new Gmail account just for them. Not that there are a lot, but I like to keep them in a special place, so I'll have a chance of ever finding them again.)

Okay, I think that's all for today. On the agenda for tomorrow:
  • picture of lace socks for the Advanced_Knit exchange! I'm almost done with the foot on the first sock. Believe me, this surprises me as much as anybody else.
  • Possible Rogue hood picture, along with possible sleeve picture.
  • lots of blathering about the above

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home