Saturday, August 27, 2005

Thinking about St. Brigid

I plan to knit St. Brigid at some point in the not too distant future. I've been thinking about this project for a long time, and already have figured out how I'm altering the pattern to fit me better. (Those of you who had been following along with the knitting stuff I posted on LiveJournal for a while have already heard this spiel.) I've also decided (I think) that I'm going to use Cascade 220, although I'm not sure which shade, yet. I have some general ideas in mind, but I really need to play around with color cards.

And then something eerie happens. Yesterday, Ms. SweetGeorgia posted a picture of the yarn she just bought for her St. Brigid. Not only is it also Cascade 220, but it is almost the exact shade I had floating around in my head for my Brigid. Eerie, eh? So, if I end up knitting a Brigid that looks exactly like hers, please know I'm not copying on purpose. I'm just lucky enough to share some of her fashion sense. ;-)

Of course, I may go with a slightly different shade. If I can find anything that looks like this beautiful shade recently spun up by Ms. BoogaJ, I'd be in heaven. Isn't that lovely? It's got hints of both reds and purples, and I think I'm in love. I jokingly asked her to spun up another 2,000 yards of it for me, but I have a feeling that's not going to happen. ;-)

I have plenty of time to figure out exactly what color Brigid will be. I don't have the money to buy a bag of Cascade 220 right now, and I have at least one major project planned for after Rogue but before Brigid. (Ingeborg!)

And now back to Rogue. I'm up to row 56 of chart A. There's a chance that I may finish that chart (and thus the in-the-round section of the body) this weekend. How exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home