Sunday, October 14, 2007

lazy

I'm in that post-project slump, which ironically (and annoyingly) usually seems to come before the project is technically done. I "finished" Cobblestone (just need to block it), and with it came the false feeling of accomplishment that I've tied up all loose ends in my life. Clean slate! (Shh... don't burst my bubble.) Here's a photo of Cobblestone before it was done, but when it was close. Alex was doing a funny dance. Everything will look better when blocked, though I suspect the funny dance cannot be improved upon:

penultimate


See how lazy I am? Couldn't be bothered to crop or tweak. Pure, unadulterated funny dance. With sweater.

I was reassured to find that the sweater was too big on me. It's the small things in life, isn't it? It should be obvious that if it fits Alex, it will be too large on me. But like a child at the zoo, who won't believe it's really a tiger until she she sticks her fingers through the bars to see what the big kitty does, I have to try things on. And be so lazy that I get my hair, the camera cord, and all possible yarn ends in the photo, and don't care:

it's a long way down


I am amused that that photo gives the impression that I'm a tall redhead. Who ever thought such an unflattering angle of one's body could yield such unintentionally flattering (in the imaginary way) results?

Well, that's enough content for a lazy blog post. At least enough knitting content. I'll be back with the whole shebang after it's blocked. To answer Rachel's question from the last post, yes, I was listening to The Good Housekeeping Marriage Book. (And how unlazy of me to dig the link up again!) I didn't listen to every second of it, as it did start to get old towards the end. But I highly recommend at least chapter 3 (Ought I To Marry?) if you feel like listening to only one chapter. It's a brilliant combination of jaw-droppingly horrific ideas, combined with a discussion of genetics and inheritance that frankly surprised me with its level of sophistication, given the source and era.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Glad I'm not alone in slumping just before, not after, finishing. Once the pieces are done I happily launch into seaming, but finishing the sleeve caps or the collar? I practically have to be tied down.

10/14/2007 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful sweater (despite the unfinished bits), and you did a great job on the fit :)

10/14/2007 6:04 PM  
Blogger Becki said...

Wow, that's a great fit! I'm going to have to show this picture to James and see if he'd like it, too.

Random: that's not a radiator your cello is next to, is it? It shouldn't be kept close to a radiator, since it will warp the instrument. /music geek

10/14/2007 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the book seemed interesting, so I listened to it, and it was! Thanks for mentioning it.
/Monika

10/15/2007 12:19 AM  
Blogger Rebekkah said...

Hah, no, that's a wall next to Alex's guitar. No radiator-cellos in this house!

10/15/2007 5:35 AM  
Blogger Marlena said...

Are you using Cascade 220? It looks exactly like the Cobblestone I just finished, and that's what I used.

10/15/2007 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Cobblestone!

10/17/2007 7:40 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

JF's sweater! Cool!
Looks lovely already!

10/18/2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger Casey said...

Lovely sweater! My hubby wants a sweater but he's so picky about patterns! Maybe he'd like that one. I can't wait to see it in all its finished glory.

10/18/2007 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home