Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm in love

Komi Sock - January 24


That's the sock at 23 rows of the first pattern repeat. (The repeats are 30 rows. So close!) And boy are those stitches tiny:

Komi Sock with Quarter for size comparison


Sydney asked where I got the pattern for the socks. The pattern is the "sock with peasant heel" from the book Knitting Marvelous Mittens, by Charlene Schurch.

Becki wants to know where I got my 000 needles. I got them at a JoAnn, I think. They're really cheap Susan Bates needles, the same as in this eBay auction. You can probably find better, which I plan on trying to do, too.


I don't know if I'm going to have the time to work on Ingeborg again for a long while. I think the socks may take up the rest of the time I have before the SFC knitalong starts. But related to Ingeborg, Chery asked about pilling with Naturespun sport. I haven't had any. The big test is my Nordic mittens, which have been used a lot, and are not pilling at all. They're at a slightly tighter gauge than Ingeborg, but I really don't think this yarn is prone to pilling, and I'm not concerned about getting pilling with Ingeborg.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your answer about the pilling. I make a Dale with 26sts/4" and had some pilling. I bet the tight gauge would make the difference. Your socks are GREAT!

1/24/2006 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, those are tiny stitches! It's looking great.

1/24/2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger AnneB said...

Super looking. Size 2 is the lowest I've ever tried. 00 - no way.

1/25/2006 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those stitches are tiny and VERY EVEN!

It's a little scary when your needles are metal and not sturdy!

1/25/2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Tipper said...

You take nice pictures!

I like the Susan Bates DPNs. I love that they put the tiny ones together and sell them as an (inexpensive) set.

1/25/2006 6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in love with that pattern too. What's the gauge on that?

- MJ

1/25/2006 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home